How to set up Internet Explorer 3.0 to access the Proxy Server
- Load Internet Explorer 3.0, press "View" located on the menu bar.
- Press "Options", this will bring up a new window.
- Press "Connection", located on the menu bar at the top of the new window.
- Make sure the box marked "Connect through a proxy server" is checked.
- Then press "Settings", this will bring up the proxy setting window.
- Type the proxy settings in the relevant places, including the port number, once you have done
this press "Ok", this will enable the proxy for your browser.The settings are as follows.
- In the HTTP Field enter "cache.new.co.za" and "8080" in the "Port" Field.
- Select the "Use the same proxy server for all protocols"
- Now press "okay". Your browser is now enabled for the proxy.
RE-Edited by (Craig McLeod.)